Auto transport quotes and why you DON’T want the lowest quote
Auto transport quotes are available by calling us direct at 715-573-4040
Every year thousands of people learn this lesson the hard way. People search the web for the best deal they can get to ship their car but often times they end up collecting quotes from many sources and those sources can vary in accuracy and depending upon who you are trusting your car with may lead to an expensive nightmare. You have to keep in mind that the auto transport industry has good honest professionals and it also has some unscrupulous unprofessional persons who will take advantage of potential customers who have no working knowledge of how the industry works. At Nation Wide Discount Auto Transport we try to educate our customers so they know how to safely ship their vehicle. Having your car moved around the country shouldn't be a painful experience. Arm yourself with the knowledge we have gained by moving cars nationwide for twelve years. We are more than willing to share it with you.
I've compiled a list of all the things that you should know before giving your car to any company. Take some time to read this as it could save you some big headaches and money too. So here’s a list of industry insider tips to help you gather some auto transport quotes and safely ship your car.
- Auto transport quotes Rule #1:
- Many companies won’t take the time to research the price they quote you. Some companies will shoot from the hip and hope they can lock you in by getting a deposit. Any prospective shipper must be made aware of this bait-and-switch method that has been in use for a very very long time. Just because a website lists killer bottom-dollar prices instantly does NOT mean you will get your car shipped for that price. Often times those “instant quotes” lead to your car sitting in the garage waiting for a transport that isn’t coming. The best transports cost money. The transports that have poor ratings, accident history, past revocations of their license, etc. are THE transports that come running for low-priced loads. It’s as simple as that. Those bottom-dollar ultra-low quotes are the reason bad transports remain in business.
The lowest auto transport quotes usually offer the worst service you will find.
- Auto transport quotes Rule #2:
- Where ARE these ultra-low price transport trucks coming from? Well that's well known information IF you work in the car shipping industry. Since you don't I will tell you in an attempt to keep your car from being damaged…or worse. Those dirt-cheap trucks are the same trucks that good auto transport brokers will NOT use. They won’t go near them. Why not? It's because they know better. The trucks that will haul loads for bottom-dollar bottom-feeding brokers are moving loads for low costs because of their transportation ratings and accident records. When you are a licensed transport broker you have access to information that is only shared amongst the licensed industry professionals. In that information lies great and powerful knowledge depending on who's actually reading it and using it. A good broker, for instance, will pour through everything available to make their decision regarding assigning that truck to YOUR car for shipping.
Going DIRECT to a transport truck is dangerous too. How will you check them out? You simply can’t as you don’t have access to those protected records.
- Auto transport quotes Rule #3:
- EVERY single route is different in the auto transport industry and each of those routes has a list of variables that affect pricing. Auto transport quotes can be a difficult thing to nail down. To give you an example I'd say consider the route between Chicago and Los Angeles. That route has a very high number of trucks that are available to carry your car. Now think about Chicago to Duluth. Suddenly you will find that there are actually few trucks that run that route and any truck that goes on that route is going to be paid a premium for it because there are few transports that want to go there. The weather plays a factor also. Weather conditions between those two routes are drastic at times. Duluth is not to far from the coldest city in the USA, International Falls. So a truck that is willing to head north from Chicago is going to be paid much more than a transport heading towards Los Angeles California. Not too many blizzards in sunny southern California compared to Duluth Minnesota. The bottom line here is that the USA has many out of the way towns and cities and when you collect quotes to ship your car you must keep in mind your pickup and delivery locations. If you get a quote from a company and you are shipping to locations that don’t have heavy transport traffic that "absolute guarantee" quote may quickly change. Either that or your car will sit forever. I know this all too well because those people come to me after their car has sat 3 weeks or even 3 months with no transport to move it.
These are some tips to help you gather some auto transport quotes that will actually get your car moved. Feel free to contact the staff at Nation Wide Discount Auto Transport for more info.
Read about Per Mile Operating Cost of a Commercial Truck to get an idea what the transports pay to keep moving.
Calculate the cost of transporting with the help of Ehow.com.